Raspberry Chocolate Brownies
Recipe thanks to our Auckland facilitator, Michelle Bishop from Well Healthy You.
You can stay up to date with all of Michelle’s upcoming events and news over on her Facebook Page.
Michelle has put her own twist on the Chocolate Brownie recipe from our Refresh Programme and we’re sure you’ll agree, the result is delicious!
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup of cocoa powder (or raw cacao powder)
1/2 cup of coconut flour
1/2 cup of maple syrup (or substitute with xylitol to lower GI)
1 cup of raspberries
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp pink salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Melt raspberries if frozen and blend for a few seconds until a smooth puree.
2. Gently melt together coconut oil with cocoa powder and maple syrup (or xylitol crystals). Remove from heat, stir in the raspberry puree and set to one side.
3. In a bowl, gently whisk together eggs, salt, vanilla, cinnamon.
4. Stir the cocoa raspberry mixture into the eggs. Then gently whisk in the flour a spoonful at a time, forming a smooth batter.
5. Line a square dish with grease-proof paper and pour in the mixture.
6. Bake at 170°C for 25 minutes or until the centre is firm enough. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before slicing. Note: This recipe can also be baked in mini-muffin tins for 20 minutes.