Chocolate Berry Bars
Recipe thanks to our Wellington facilitator, Jennifer Gini.
These Chocolate Berry Bars are delicious and are made and enjoyed by Jennifer regularly. This recipe is from Rachel at the Bakerita.
1 cup almond flour
1 tsp coconut flour
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
2 tbsp coconut sugar
¼ cup melted coconut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
Chocolate Icing Ingredients:
½ cup coconut milk
150 g finely chopped dark chocolate
About 1 cup of assorted fresh berries
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line your baking dish with baking paper or foil and grease lightly.
2. In large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and coconut sugar. Whisk to combine. Add the coconut oil and maple syrup and toss to combine until the mixture sticks together.
3. Press the crumb mixture evenly into the bottom of greased dish. Bake at 180°C for 11-13 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges. Let cool completely.
4. Place finely chopped chocolate in a large bowl. In a small saucepan or in the microwave, just bring coconut milk to a boil. Pour hot coconut milk over chocolate and let stand 1 minute, then stir until smooth and creamy.
5. Pour warm chocolate mixture over cooled crust. Arrange the berries on top as desired. Chill for at least one hour. Cut into squares with a sharp knife.