Nutty Coconut Hotcakes
Recipe thanks to our Auckland facilitator, Tracey Williams from The New You.
You can stay up to date with all of Tracey’s upcoming events and news over on her Facebook Page.
These hotcakes are perfect for Christmas Day breakfast or brunch.
1/2 cup Orgrans plain gluten-free flour
¼ cup coconut flour
¼ cup LSA (Ground Linseed, Sunflower, Almond)
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg (size 6 or 7)
1 tbsp honey or pure maple syrup
1 cup approx. soy, rice or unsweetened almond milk
Optional: try some frozen berries (Raspberries are Tracey’s favourite)
1. Mix dry ingredients together, make a well and add the egg, milk and honey or maple syrup.
2. Mix well, adjust milk quantity to get thick mixture but wet enough to drop in spoonful lots into fry pan and shape into rounds.
3. Place large dessert spoonfuls in lightly oiled frying pan. Cook until golden brown on medium heat, turn carefully as fragile and continue cooking. Note: due to density of mixture these hotcakes can take a lot longer to cook.
4. TIP: Make the night before, will last in fridge 2-3 days. Do not put more than 3 hotcakes in large frying pan at once as it’s too hard to turn them.
Banana Cashew Creme Ingredients:
½ cup raw cashews
Approx. ¾ cup water
Squeeze fresh lemon juice
1. Mix in blender until smooth and thick pouring consistency. Great if you choose to make these hotcakes for breakfast or brunch.