Raw Berry Fruit Cheesecake
Recipe thanks to our Mosgiel facilitator, Kaye McArthur from McArthurs Berry Farm.
Kaye made this delicious cheesecake at the High Tea event she hosted recently at her home where half of the proceeds were donated to Depression.org. Keep an eye out on her Facebook page for her Taste Success events for 2019.
¾ cup shredded coconut
¾ cup pitted dates
¾ cup sunflower seeds
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
2 tbsp water
Pinch of salt
1 cup cashews (soaked overnight, drained and rinsed)
¾ cup coconut cream
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
½ cup fresh or frozen berry fruit (raspberries work well)
½ cup melted coconut oil
1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1 cup toasted granola, toasted coconut flakes or topping of choice. Kaye likes using toasted coconut flakes.
1. Add dry base ingredients to food processor and whizz for 20 seconds until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
2. Add the coconut oil and water, then pulse until the mixture starts to come together. Press mixture into a slice tin lined with baking paper.
3. Add all of the filling ingredients to food processor and blend until silky smooth.
4. Pour the filling over the base and smooth with spatula. Sprinkle the topping of your choice and freeze for at least 6 hours.
5. To serve, remove from freezer and allow to thaw for 15 minutes, then slice into thick pieces and enjoy. This cheesecake can be stored in the fridge or back in the freezer.