Harvest Pear, Beetroot and Walnut Salad
Recipe thanks to Abigail Watson, one of our Wellington facilitators
3 medium sized beetroot
2 ripe pears
1 red onion
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup goats cheese, crumbled (optional)
A few handfuls of salad greens of your choice
Drizzle of honey
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees fan bake.
2. Cut the beetroot into 1/2 inch pieces and bake in oven with a drizzle of olive oil
3. Cut pear and red onion into 1/2 inch pieces and bake in oven with beetroot
4. Once soft, toss together the beetroot, pear and red onion with salad greens
5. Combine together balsamic vinegar and honey and drizzle over salad. Garnish with walnuts and goats cheese.