Easter Recipe: Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Our in-house Naturopath, Tracey from Flourish Naturopathy, has been busy in her kitchen creating a mouth-watering chocolate cake for you all to make at home, just in time for Easter!
Not only is this Chocolate Cake a healthier version than most you will find (with no gluten, dairy or refined sugar) but it also tastes delicious.
A fudge-like texture with a deep chocolate flavour, plus it contains a serving of vegetables that you wouldn't believe are included!
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup ripe mashed banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (loosely packed, don't squeeze out the water)
1. Preheat oven to 175°C and grease a round baking tin with butter or a mild oil (coconut works well).
2. Whisk together the almond butter, maple syrup or honey, banana and vanilla.
3. Stir in the cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until well combined.
4. Fold in chocolate chunks and zucchini and mix well.
5. Put mixture into baking tin and spread evenly. Top with extra chocolate chunks if you have spare and wish to.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool before slicing and serving with a little coconut yoghurt and some berries. Enjoy!
We love seeing our recipes recreated at home, so please tag us in your creations!
Have a happy and safe Easter break, from the Taste Success team.